- Job Description
- The Business Development Liaison (BDL) will be the primary contact to develop and grow relationships within and across the business community, economic development agencies and educational partners in the North Central Texas region. The result of such relationships will lay the foundation for the development of workforce development services including business service strategies, TWC Skills Development Fund activities, education partner’s activities and economic development activities. The BDL will be the primary contact internally and externally for all business/targeted industry questions, requests and concerns as well as the direct link to the workforce centers. Industry/territory penetration, business satisfaction and client retention will define the success of the person in this role.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the business community within and across targeted industries. Also serves as the direct link to workforce center staff and is the primary conduit of business services information from the board to the contractor.
- Supports and implements the business outreach strategies and goals for all workforce development programs.
- Defines, coordinates and manages business requests and service delivery strategy; works cross-functionally within the organization to achieve outlined delivery program(s).
- Shares responsibility for overall satisfaction and retention of businesses in targeted industries and/or territory.
- Serves as the primary contact for the economic development and educational partners across the assigned territories.
- Travels extensively (75% local travel) to current and prospective targeted-business and partners throughout the assigned territory to build and grow relationships.
- Provides content on the region’s business activity for the maintenance of the organization’s social media presence.
- Prepares and delivers presentations, meeting agendas and actions plans.
- Proactively nurtures connections with the business community to develop long-lasting, repeat-business relationships.
- Guides the business community and partners through available resources, both internal and external.
- Proactively researches information and solicit industry insight to creative service value and identify potential business development opportunities.
- Maintains the accuracy of business contacts, relationships and history on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Supports the Board committees and members by analyzing and compiling information for various programs; presenting recommendations and updates to appropriate committees or the Board; and taking necessary action for the implementation of Board approved items.
- Required Skills
- Advanced – Ability to read literature, books, reviews, scientific or technical journals, abstracts, financial reports, and/or legal documents. Ordinarily, such education is obtained at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Advanced – Ability to apply fundamental concepts of theories, work with advanced mathematical operations methods, and functions of real and complex variables. Ordinarily, such education is obtained at the college level or above. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Advanced – Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Receives General Direction: Work is non-standardized and varied and requires the incumbent to produce expected results and meet deadlines by following general procedures. The employee normally performs the job by following established operating procedures and/or policies. There is a choice of the appropriate procedure or policy to apply to duties. Performance is reviewed upon completion for approval.
- Work requires analysis and judgment in accomplishing diversified duties. Requires the exercise of independent thinking within the limits of policies, standards, and precedents.
- Work requires frequent and regular contact with others in a direct reporting relationship as well as others outside of a direct reporting relationship. The purpose of the contact is to address specific issues and/or general policies. Contact may involve support of controversial positions or the negotiation of sensitive issues. Evaluates customer satisfaction, develops cooperative associations and relationships, and utilizes resources to continuously improve external customer relations and satisfaction. Makes presentations and answers questions in regard to presentation materials and findings.
- Work requires a comprehensive, practical knowledge of a technical field with use of analytical judgment and decision-making abilities appropriate to the work environment of the Agency. Affects accuracy of multiple projects.
- Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field. Knowledge is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree.
- Over three years up to and including five years of experience.
- Valid state issued driver’s license.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Job Location
- Frisco, Texas, United States
- Position Type
Equal Opportunity Employer