- The Administration Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments seeks an Intern in the Risk and Compliance Division. The Risk and Compliance Division is responsible for auditing grant recipients to ensure compliance with contractual requirements and federal regulations. This position will provide general support for the department by assisting with research, testing, process flows, various types of documentation, and workpaper completion. This position will work a weekly schedule of at least 16 hours per week for a period ending September 30, 2018.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing a degree in Accounting or closely related field of study. Prefer students with at least 3 years completed towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or student pursuing a Master’s degree in Accounting.
- General accounting and business process knowledge related to the financial process
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel
- Interest in learning audit software is a plus
- Required Experience
- The position may require minimal driving to various locations within the North Central Texas Region. NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG. The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer