Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. HGAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. HGAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
H-GAC is looking for a highly talented and driven individual to join our organization as an AirCheck Texas Inspector in our Human Services department. The AirCheck Texas Program is designed to help vehicle owners comply with vehicle emissions standards by offering financial incentives to repair vehicles and allows local residents to contribute to the regional air quality solutions.
As an AirCheck Texas Inspector you will perform onsite vendor visits to audit for compliance with the AirCheck Texas Program. In this role you will be charged with providing feedback to vendors and ensuring that actions are taken to achieve compliance with program requirements. This individual will serve as the subject matter expert and provide clarification of terms and conditions for the program. When not conducting site visits, the Inspector will complete all necessary paperwork and report findings into the data management system. The most successful candidate will be one who has great communication skills and has experience working in the automobile industry.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Marketing or a related field.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- Three (3) years experience in business office management, accounts payable and/or customer advocacy and problem resolution.
- Proficiency in business software to include Word, Excel and Outlook
Preferred qualifications include:
- Five (5) years experience in business office management, accounts payable and customer advocacy and problem resolution.
- Proven knowledge of vehicles and vehicle emission system components
- Experience working in a car dealership with exposure to repair conditions, terms, and codes.
Equal Opportunity Employer