- Job Description
- The Administration Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments seeks an Intern for its Special Projects team. The Special Projects team is responsible for various projects including: projects within the Administration Department, Agency-wide projects, and projects that span the North Texas region, and state. This position will work a flexible weekly schedule of approximately 30-35 hours while attending school.
The Special Projects Intern will provide general support for the Special Projects team with responsibilities including, but not limited to: researching technical information for special projects, documenting various processes within the Agency, coordination of meetings with communities, focus groups, etc., documentation supporting special projects (i.e. meeting notes, supporting schedules, etc.), drafting correspondence both internal and external, preparing presentations, social media marketing and promotion, and creating marketing materials.
- Required Skills
- Detail-oriented and possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- General business knowledge related to the financial process
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with SharePoint is preferred
- Required Experience
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university in Business Administration or related major (current Master of Public Administration [MPA] students preferred)
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Job Location
- Arlington, TX, United States
- Position Type
Equal Opportunity Employer