- Posted 02/13/18
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. NCTCOG is located in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
The Research and Information Services Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an Administrative Assistant to team with current staff to support the department. A candidate that thrives in a team environment and is focused on providing excellent service would excel in this position. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answering phones
- Faxing, copying, scanning and filing
- Distributing daily mail and ordering office supplies
- Assisting with mass mailings
- Providing customer service
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, and assisting in the coordination of special events
- Drafting, reviewing and formatting correspondence, presentations, documents and reports
- Assisting with the documentation of procedures, policies and guidelines for maintenance and destruction of departmental records
- Maintaining department records
- Providing assistance in the preparation for meetings
- Required Skills
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in operating Windows-based computer programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- SharePoint experience preferred
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to meet various needs
- Six months advanced study past High School and 1-3 year related experience.
Two years of experience in a similar role is preferred.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer