Texas Association of Regional Councils
Class No: 0152
Pay Group: A-11
Reports To: Executive Director
Summary of Position: This is a responsible non-supervisory administrative support position. The responsibilities of this job include providing administrative support to the executive director and the TARC team; serving as the central communications point for the office in regard to telephone, mail, visitors; and managing office building facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to: communicate courteously and professionally in writing and verbally; Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; knowledge of file management practices and procedures; maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
Skills: Receive and effectively manage work from multiple persons; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; understand and follow instructions; take accurate and complete messages; use computer software to maximize efficiency of document production; proof documents for accuracy; draft business correspondence; work independently with minimal supervision. Maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; bachelors or associates degree preferred.
Other Requirements: Non-smoker, interest in public organizations and issues. Travel is required and must hold a valid Texas drivers license and be able to drive; or have alternate means of transportation. Some early morning and/or evening work may be required.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director and TARC team to include preparing reports for outside printing or copying; making project-related calls; inputting, editing, and proofreading reports.
- Open and close office daily;
- Assist with planning and preparing for TARC meetings, conferences, and webinars;
- Assists in the coordination of staff meetings;
- Establish and maintain mailing lists, contact lists, and data bases;
- Types reports, drafts, minutes, and other routine correspondence;
- Organize and assemble special correspondence, such as Welcome Packets for new Board Members;
- Assists with e-mail correspondence, mailings, and publication distribution;
- Liaison with building management, telephone maintenance services, copier and printer maintenance, and other vendors.
- Arranges for office repairs as needed;
- Assist with updates of the Content Management System based website for updates;
- Maintains adequate stock of general office supplies and office necessities;
- Keeps supply area, and break and file room neat and organized;
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer