Summary of Position
Maintains 9-1-1 telephone and address databases for emergency telephone service within a seven county area. Responsible for Geographic Information System (GIS)-based data maintenance, mapping, and basic analysis. This position serves as the primary point of contact and call-taker for addressing inquiries, as well as updating.
- Reports to: 9-1-1 Addressing Manager
- Directs: This is a non-supervisory position
- Other: Has regular contact with various agencies, 9-1-1 center personnel, area elected officials, private firms, consultants, and the general public.
Examples of Work
- Performs GIS and database related updates and exports as needed through collection and verification of multiple data sources;
- Promptly responds to customer inquiries and performs address assignment functions within given timeframe while performing event documentation;
- Works closely with MSAG database vendor to accomplish updates and correlation between location, GIS and MSAG data;
- Attendance of 9-1-1 Public Educators meetings and execution of Public Education functions as assigned;
- Assists local addressing authorities in their efforts by locating and presenting errors, inconsistencies or potential issues, and checking formatting between systems;
- Receives inputs and verifies mapping-related updates received by call records, plat maps, databases and communication with addressing authorities;
- Performs updates to CTCOG PSAPs and supports data functions at the Bell County Communications Center; Collection and processing of all ANI/ALI reports;
- Travels as necessary and approved, not limited to business work hours, including GPS data retrieval functions and address verification (see Certificate and Licenses Required below)
- Prepares administrative reports as needed and maintains call and address change logs within expected timeframes; efficient and timely follow-through.
- Ability to create maps, presentations and statistics utilizing ArcGIS mapping software.
Other important duties
Performs such other related duties as assigned; compliance and efficient execution of emergency service-related tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: principles and practices used in the planning and administration of 9-1-1, general office procedures, computer operations (including word processing and spreadsheet software packages), and input of data into the data base system.
Skill/Ability to: establish and maintain effective working relationships with local elected officials, policy and advisory committees of the regional council, the general public, and local, state, and federal agencies; coordinate program activities among numerous agencies, groups, and local governments; identify specific community needs and develop responsive programs; Interpret and communicate to others relevant state and federal rules, regulations, and guidelines; and demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication.
Acceptable Experience and Training
High school graduation, or its equivalent, plus experience or education in the field of local government, communication, mapping and database management;
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Preferred applicants will be familiar with GIS/Mapping software and have experience in 9-1-1 data and general operations.
Certificates and Licenses Required
Appropriate Texas Driver’s license or available alternate means of transportation.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
Attention: Carmen Lim
P.O. Box 729
Equal Opportunity Employer