Since 1991, North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) Regional 9-1-1 Program has served as the planning and implementation organization for 9-1-1 services on behalf of their local governments. While the technology has changed rapidly over the years, today the North Central Texas region boasts some of the most advanced technology in the 9-1-1 industry and continues to stay on the cutting edge. An integral part of the region’s advanced technological deployments has included several comprehensive Geographical Information Systems (GIS) solutions. As NCTCOG coordinates 9-1-1 GIS for 13 counties within the region, the team’s charter is to assist these counties and their municipalities in administering and developing valuable 9-1-1 GIS data.
- The NCTCOG 9-1-1 Program is seeking a GIS Technician to collect, maintain, and QA/QC GIS data to coalesce into the Public Safety Enterprise GIS Environment. The position will require a close working relationship with the Regional Addressing Authority in several of the NCTCOG Counties. This position will support the on-going expansion and improvement of GIS services within NCTCOG. Do you have strong technical and GIS skills? Are you considered innovative? Do you demonstrate a customer focus and action orientation to provide quality service to an organization? Do you have a strong sense of teamwork and integrity? If so, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for!
- Required Skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of Esri GIS Software products
- Strong database skills and knowledge of query languages
- Good decision-making abilities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, in time-sensitive situations, and adapting to shifting priorities
- Required Experience
- Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field. Knowledge is usually acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of related work experience is required or experience in the GIS field
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer