- The North Central Texas Council of Governments 9-1-1 Program (NCTCOG9-1-1) is responsible for 43 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) in 13 counties’ surrounding the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. The Program supports these PSAPs through maintaining and upgrading 9-1-1 equipment, providing up-to-date mapping information, training the 9-1-1 Telecommunicators, educating the public on the proper use of 9-1-1, and monitoring PSAP functionality and compliances. The NCTCOG 9-1-1 Program serves a population of 1.9 million and 10,800+ square miles.
The NCTCOG 9-1-1 Program is looking for a Digital Media intern to join our growing team! This is an exciting opportunity to use the knowledge and skills you learned in class to create a real-world product to add to your resume upon graduation. This is your opportunity to be creative and have your ideas heard. This purpose of this internship is to develop a comprehensive digital media strategy and program. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with 9-1-1 Program staff to gain an understanding of how and what we communicate to reach our primary audiences.
- Develop content calendars on a weekly/monthly basis
- Create engaging content for various media
- Provide input on website redesign
- Monitor and perform analytics on social media
- Provide recommendations on how to optimize digital media efforts and grow our audience
- Recommend new ways to reach our audience and accomplish the goals of our program
- Create guidelines and procedures
- Required Skills
- Currently enrolled in a College/University, students in their final year of study are preferred
- Currently enrolled in Communications or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and Google+
- Proficient in managing a large amount of data including analyzing and extracting meaningful information
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
This position will work between 20-29 hours a week. NCTCOG9-1-1 offers flexible schedules based on your class schedule and the opportunity to work remotely. This position will have significant latitude to be both proactive and creative. If you are excited about the opportunity to build a social media program from the ground up, go to https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/ to apply, All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
- Currently enrolled in a College/University, students in their final year of study are preferred.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG. The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer